The most affordable and effective Naturopathic Medicine in Arizona!
What is naturopathic medicine? It is real “health” care. It is alternative, integrative and scientific natural medicine that includes several modalities and disciplines such as homeopathy, clinical nutrition and detoxification. It combines the wisdom of the past with the science of the present to deliver the medicine of the future, today.
Naturopathic physicians are primary care physicians in the state of Arizona and are the highest trained primary care physicians providing integrative, natural and alternative medicine in the United States.
Emphasis at Arizona Prohealth (AZP™) is focused upon disease prevention, illness treatment and health improvement.
Naturopathic medical education and curriculum is comparable to that offered at Johns Hopkins, Yale and Stanford. A four year undergraduate degree is required for admittance to an accredited four year graduate level medical school, leading to the degree of Naturopathic Medical Doctor (NMD).
Course work includes but is not limited to the following:
Clerkships & Allopathic Therapeutics: dermatology, family medicine, psychiatric medicine and counseling, radiology, pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, neurology, minor surgery, pulmonology, cardiology, opthamology, rheumatology, endocrinology, and clinical electives.
Naturopathic Therapeutics: clinical nutrition, detoxification, intravenous therapy, botanical medicine, homeopathy, traditional chinese medicine, colon hydrotherapy, physical/manipulative therapy, ayurvedic medicine, acupuncture, immunotherapy and naturopathic philosophy.
Naturopathic medical doctors receive over 250 hours of education in therapeutic and clinical nutrition while conventional medical doctors receive little to none.
There are six principles upon which the foundation of naturopathic medicine is built:
1. Vis Medicatrix Naturae (the healing power of nature). The human body has considerable power to heal itself. The role of the naturopathic physician is to facilitate this natural process with the aid of safe, natural and effective non-toxic therapies.
2. Tolle Causum (treat the cause). Naturopathic physicians seek the underlying cause of a disease or condition rather than simply suppressing the symptoms. We generally avoid suppression of the natural healing wisdom of the body. Symptoms are viewed as expressions of the body’s natural attempt to heal while the causes can spring from the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels.
3. Primum Non Nocere’ (first do no harm). By employing safe and effective natural therapies, naturopathic physicians are committed to the principle of causing no harm to the patient.
4. Tolle Totem (treat the whole person). Each individual is viewed as whole, comprised of a complex of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social and other factors. This multifaceted philosophy results in a therapeutic approach in which no disease is automatically seen as incurable.
5. Prevanarae (prevention is the best medicine). Naturopathic physicians are preventative medicine specialists. Prevention of illness and disease are accomplished through education and the promotion of a lifestyle and behaviors that support health.
6. Docere’ (doctor as teacher). The word Doctor is derived from the latin word Docere’ which literally means “to teach”. Naturopathic physicians are first and foremost teachers who educate, empower and motivate the patient to assume more personal responsibility for his or her health by adopting and maintaining a healthy attitude, lifestyle and diet.
Naturopathic medicine is exceptional when used alone and in certain circumstances, it can be improved upon when combined with homeopathic and conventional medical therapies. This is the reason we employ the use of many standard and customary conventional medicine treatments and pharmaceutical prescriptions as needed on a case by case basis.
Give us a call at 480-831-7970 or submit your information at “Contact Us” to learn about our unique membership programs.